Smiths Agency is seeking a motivated and digitally savvy Media Supervisor to join our fast-growing channel and analytics team.
Smiths Agency is seeking a motivated and digitally savvy Media Supervisor to join our fast-growing channel and analytics team. This role will be an important addition to our team and is responsible for both strategic planning as well as managing channel team resources and media-related processes. The ideal candidate will have previous experience developing and executing media plans, be proficient across digital, social and search, and have a strong understanding of the media planning, buying and execution process.
Strategically, the Media Supervisor will be responsible for providing omni-channel strategic recommendations on assigned clients, working with internal channel specialists to develop smart plans that deliver on client objectives. The Media Supervisor will work closely with key client contacts and members of the agency client service team to gain a deep understanding of the client brand(s), business situations, consumers, media behaviors and other strategic drivers to ensure channel plans are strategically sound and aimed at maximizing client ROI.
The Media Supervisor will play a critical role in managing the media planning and buying process, timelines, and team assignments to ensure effective and efficient media team operations. The Media Supervisor will lead overall workflow for client channel and media plans, working in close coordination with the client service team and other discipline leads at SBA. Key channels typically include OLV, display, programmatic, social, search, email, digital shopper and landing page strategies. A key performance goal is to ensure strong integration of campaign components, consistency across elements and flawless execution against campaign timelines. The role will also be responsible for integrating the media team functions into the agency resource management system to establish greater resource planning practices and processes.
- Oversees channel strategy and day-to-day operations of assigned accounts
- Owns client media brief processes and project initiation to gain a strong understanding of client objectives, category dynamics and target audiences
- Leads high-level channel strategy on assigned accounts, as well as integration of paid media with web, email and surrounding touchpoints
- Leads media workflow and project planning for client deliverables including channel plan, vendor RFP, search & social account builds, campaign launches & reporting
- Facilitates daily media team meetings to review deliverables, priorities and timelines
- Oversees resource planning and owns media team updates in the agency project management tool
- Works closely with client service and creative teams to optimize process for asset handoff, trafficking and QA
- Works closely with Channel and Analytics VP to identify process improvements and optimize over time
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- 6+ years of experience in media planning and buying, with demonstrated strength in digital media
- Ability to connect workflows across multiple clients with multi-channel campaigns
- Knowledgeable of latest trends and digital media best practices
- Team management experience and experience with project management tools
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Self-starter with a bias for action
- Ability to influence, coordinate and motivate teams in a high pace environment
- Experience scoping projects and planning timelines
- Strong organizational skills
The intent of this job description is to provide a non-exhaustive representation of the type of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Smiths Agency may supplement, modify, or eliminate responsibilities from time to time, in its discretion.
Smiths Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee success.