This month at Smiths Agency, we’re exploring all things Keto.
What is keto exactly? Simply, it is a low carb, high fat diet. By drastically reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing it with fat, the body goes into a metabolic state called “ketosis.”
Dan Monarko, our Head of Channel Strategy & Analytics and resident Keto Enthusiast, shared some of his favorite low-carb barbecue dishes with us this month. Read on below to get his brisket recipe
Can't have barbecue without sides while keepin' it keto.
- 8 – 10lbs Brisket
- ½ cup of yellow mustard mixed with 2 tbsp Hot Sauce
- ½ cup of coarse salt
- ½ cup of pepper
- ⅛ cup of Paprika
- Rub the brisket with yellow mustard/hot sauce mixture and heavily season all sides with the spice mixture.
- Transfer the brisket to the smoker grates. Smoke for 6 hours, or until internal temperature has reached 165°F.
- Remove the brisket from the smoker and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Combine Apple Cider Vinegar and water in a mister. Spray brisket with mister solution.
- Tightly wrap brisket in pink butcher paper. Transfer back to smoker. Close lid and leave to cook wrapped in paper for a further 2-3 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 185°F.
- Do not remove the fat cap. Slice as needed for serving. Wrap remainder and keep in refrigerator to store.